Newsletter - October 30, 2020
Black Wolf Bulletin
October 30, 2020; Issue 5
Dear Lakeside Families,
Here are a few updates for you:
- Check out the weekly announcements for the week of Oct. 26-30.
- Congratulations to Kennedy Schrage, our first place winner in the Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest! Kennedy's "GinormANT" pumpkin was quite creative! Max Hansen took second place with a neat spider pumpkin and Amelia Bennett took third with her beautiful owl pumpkin. Pictures from our pumpkin contest will be posted on our school Facebook page. Check it out!
- We value the partnership between school and home and are looking forward to connecting with families during virtual conferences in the upcoming weeks. Since these will be done virtually (different than our norm!), here are a few tips:
- Use the Google Meet link your teacher gave to log in on your computer or a phone. Parents/guardians should not share the link with anyone. The meeting will work best on a computer, but if you use a phone/tablet, download the app. Android or iOS
- You may be waiting for a few minutes for your child's teacher to appear in the Google Meet. Meetings are back to back, so teachers need to wrap up with another family before joining you. Please be on time to your conference, but patient with teacher schedules.
- Share how things are going at home and ask questions. Our partnership is stronger when we can have a two way conversation about your child's progress.
- Next week is our half-way point of the semester. Grades will be updated and available for you later next week on Infinite Campus.
Wishing your family a safe and healthy weekend ahead! Happy Halloween!
Oshkosh Area School District Referendum Information
Remember to Vote on the School Referendums Nov. 3rd!
The November 3rd election is not just about our next president and other leaders - it’s also about whether the Oshkosh Area School District will receive continued operational funds and investments in our school buildings.
If voters approve question one, the district will be able to maintain academic programs, technology for learning and student support services - with no tax increase. If voters approve question 2, capital funds would be used to provide safe and accessible schools, flexible and collaborative learning spaces, and cost-effective schools to maximize taxpayer investment. If the referendums are not approved, the district will face millions in budget cuts and continued maintenance of aging buildings without the benefit of important improvements.
Be sure to learn about the two referendum questions (visit https://www.oshkosh.k12.wi.us/
Lakeside Support Staff Availability during Fall Conferences
If you would like to meet with any specialist for conferences on November 5th or 10th, please see their availability in the document linked below.
If you missed material pickup on October 28th, please contact the office at 920-424-0131 to schedule a pickup!
If anyone in your household has COVID symptoms, is awaiting COVID test results, is a contact of a positive COVID case, or has tested positive for COVID, you must wait until your quarantine is over before picking up materials from school.
Caregivers Series from our Behavior Interventionists
We have the next installment of the Caregiver Series: Fill Your Tank! Samaritan Counseling Center Therapist and Distance Learning Mom, Gloria Allhiser joins Michelle and Mary to discuss caregiver self care. The best way for you to help your child is to make sure your gas tank is full!
November 2020 Calendar
- 11/02/20 - First Quarter Ends
- 11/03/20 - Election Day
- 11/05/20 - Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/10/20 - Virtual Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/11/20 - Early Release
- 11/25/20 - 11/27/20 - No School - Happy Thanksgiving!
Health Office Reminder
In an effort to still track return to school dates for students, we would like you to continue to notify your student's school when he/she has COVID symptoms, has been a close contact/household contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID or if he/she tested positive for COVID. Please contact your school nurse, Katie Draxler, by calling 920-424-0431 ext. 2704 or emailing kathryn.draxler@
Please follow this link for Taking Attendance Virtually.
Please complete the following Google form link for the Lakeside PTO directory.
Lakeside Elementary School 2020-2021 Family Handbook