Newsletter - January 6, 2023
Black Wolf Bulletin
January 6, 2023; Issue 9
Dear Lakeside Families,
Happy New Year! We are happy to be back in school. Students have settled back into routines and learning smoothly. We have a PTO meeting coming up on Monday evening and will be planning more exciting events for winter and spring. We hope you can join us in the library at 6pm! The agenda for the meeting can be found HERE.
As-needed conferences are at the end of January. Please look for an email with more information coming home within the next week or two.
Here are a few staffing updates to share:
- Mrs. Sarah Bauer will be joining our staff as our math instructional support teacher in mid-January! Welcome, Mrs. Bauer!
- Ms. Megan Flood will be joining us for the remainder of the school year as our music teacher. She will start with us on January 17th. Welcome Ms. Flood!
- Ms. Makayla Keefe will be joining us for the remainder of the school year as our art teacher on C days (working with half of our classrooms). She will start with us on January 30th. Welcome Ms. Keefe!
- Mrs. Jodi Jari will be joining us as our English language teacher beginning in mid-January. Welcome back, Mrs. Jari!
- Ms. Amanda Zahm will be joining us as a paraprofessional working with our special education team at the end of January. Welcome back, Ms. Zahm!
We do have school next Friday, January 13th and will celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day next Friday because we do not have school on Monday, January 16th.
Have a wonderful weekend! ~Mrs. Ashton
Lakeside's Family Night with the Herd - Don't Miss It!
- Harper Scott
- Conner Allison-King
- Reagan Dorn
- Michael Duehring
- Carter Burri
- Jaxon Piller
- Xavreanna Carter
- Keira Kalmerton
Lost & Found
Please have your child check the lost and found table for missing items, or stop in the next time you're at school to take a look! Any items remaining at the end of the month will be donated to a local charity, so be sure to stop in soon!
Snow Gear and Winter Playground RemindersStudents should come to school wearing their boots and snow pants, particularly students who are dropped off. Students are not allowed to enter the building to put on their snow gear, so they should be wearing it when they arrive at school.
Also, boots (snow or rain, as the weather dictates) will be required for any of the playground equipment or the grassy areas until late into the spring. Having boots for outside and shoes for inside helps us keep our classrooms clean. If students are not wearing boots, they will have to remain on the blacktop area only. Thank you for your cooperation!
Love and Logic Parenting Curriculum Starting in February!
Would you like to feel more confident as a parent?
Would you like to have more fun parenting?
Would you like to feel more relaxed at the end of the day?
Click HERE to learn more about the Love and Logic parenting curriculum and how to register for this opportunity.
Event RemindersAre you coming to school for an event during the school day? If you know you will be attending an event at school and you've already been scanned using our "Raptor" security system (this year or any prior year), call the office or send me an email ahead of time. I'll have your visitor badge printed and ready to go, and you can skip the line!
Not "Raptored" yet? Please remember to bring your photo ID the first time you come to school for an event during the day. After that first time, we can look you up by name.
Thank you for helping us keep our school and your children safe!
As a reminder, if you are interested in volunteering by helping in your child's classroom or chaperoning a field trip, you must have a pre-approved volunteer application on file before the volunteering event. These applications are to be filled out each school year, but then are good for the remainder of the year, and are effective for all OASD schools. You can find the application HERE.
Important!: Once you have completed your application, let the office know so that we can request that the application be processed; this does not happen automatically, and can take up to 48 hours, so please plan accordingly!
Check out our Community Events page on our website for information about events happening throughout the Oshkosh community!
Follow the Lakeside PTO
Click HERE to find our amazing PTO on Facebook!
Upcoming Lakeside Events
- January 9th - PTO meeting at 6pm
- January 13th - End of first semester
- January 16th - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- No school for students; professional development for staff
- January 23rd - 27th - Scholastic Book Fair - more information coming!
- January 26th - Parent/teacher conferences (as needed)
- January 27th - Family night at the Herd at 7pm