Newsletter - February 19th, 2021
Black Wolf Bulletin
February 19, 2021; Issue 12
Dear Lakeside Families,
Hello Lakeside Families,
We are finally all back in the building! What a joy it is to see everyone together again! We are working on reviewing expectations for The Lakeside Way (respectful, responsible, safe) and incorporating all safety protocols to mitigate spreading illness. Here are a few other bits of information for you to know as we continue together in Model 2:
- Students should bring a water bottle to school daily to use. Our water fountains are off, but they can fill their water bottles at the bottle filling stations.
- Kobussen is not allowing students to ride home with another student after school due to COVID-19 safety protocols.
We look forward to the weeks ahead. Thank you for partnering with us!
Health Office Update
Please click here for a letter from our school nurse about returning to school 5 days a week!
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
For parents dropping off, please drop off between 7:30 and 7:40 am. Park in a stall by Door #11 for K-2 students and Door #10 for 3-5 students. Please open your child's car door and walk them to the sidewalk. Lakeside staff will be taking children into the building and to their classrooms. Parents can give hugs outside before we take children inside. There will not be outdoor recess in the morning.
For pick up, parents should park near Door #11 for K-2 students and Door #10 for 3-5 students. Parents should turn off their vehicles and wait in the front of their car on the sidewalk. A staff member will check in with you to see who you are picking up and bring your child to you.
We are not allowing parents/guardians/visitors into the building at this time. If you have items to get to the school secretary, please consider sending with your child or calling the school secretary to make an outdoor appointment. You can reach Ms. Zuercher at 920-424-0131 (ext. 3801) or firstname.lastname@example.org
This year's student council leaders are:
Eddie Carns, Alex Sanchez, Keisha Rasmussen, Lia Lipinski, Savanna Rhinehart, Brody Humke, Chloe Shea, Edward Schiefelbein, Juliet Monnett, Morgan Lovell, Emily Frank, Dylan Wangui, Adele Brill, Carson Marchant, Jaxson Schmid, Maeya Romportl, Brayden Averbeck, Addison Renning, Natalie Trapp
RESCHEDULED Picture Retake Day - March 2nd
Our original picture retake day had been scheduled for a hybrid learning day, but now that we are transitioning back to fully in-person learning, Network Photography has worked with us to reschedule our picture retakes for a day when all students are scheduled to be in the building. Our RESCHEDULED picture retake day is Tuesday, March 2nd. If your student has already had their picture taken and you would like to have a new photo taken, please bring back the photo package you received and Network Photography will print a new package with the updated photo.
eAcademy families, your students are also welcome to have their picture taken or retaken on March 2nd. Please come to Door #1 between 8:30 - 9:30am and we will escort them down to have their picture taken and bring them back out to you.
Network Photography is now accepting preorders for the 2020-2021 Lakeside yearbook! To place your order, please click here. Yearbooks will be delivered to schools sometime in May.
February/March 2021 Calendar
- 2/25/21- Parent/Teacher Conferences (by request only), 4-7 pm
- 3/2/2021 - School Picture Re-Takes
Food Service Job Opportunities
The following positions are currently open with the OASD Food Service Department. You may apply for any of these positions through the WECAN website. Any questions, please call the Food Service Department at (920)424-4936.
- CT Elementary - Lunch Shift
- Emmeline Cook - Breakfast Shift - 7:00 -9:00
- Emmeline Cook - Lunch Shift - 10:50 - 12:30
- Oakwood - Lunch Shift - 10:30 - 12:45
- Read - Lunch Shift - 10:15 - 12:15
- Webster Elementary - 2 Lunch Shifts available - 10:35 - 12:50
- Carl Traeger Middle - Lunch Shift - 10:30 - 1:00
- Merrill Middle - Breakfast Shift - 7:15 - 8:45
- South Park - Lunch Shift - 11:25 - 1:35
- Webster Middle - Lunch Shift - 10:45 - 1:30
- West High - Assistant Cook Float - 6:30 - 12:30 - 5.5 hours per day or more if needed
- West High - Assistant Cook - Temporary Position - 7.75 hours per day 6:15 - 2:30
- North High - Assistant Cook - 5 hours per day - 11:00 - 4:30
- North High - Cook Helper - 4.5 hours per day - 10:45 - 3:45
- Substitute Workers - flexible to work at any school
Lakeside Elementary School 2020-2021 Family Handbook