Newsletter - April 9th, 2021
Black Wolf Bulletin
April 9, 2021; Issue 15
Dear Lakeside Families,
I hope you and your family had a nice spring break! It is great to be back to learning; our Lakeside learners are working hard! Here are a few notes:
- Drop off in the morning- Students can be dropped off anytime after 7:30 am at Doors 10 or 11 on the north side of our building. We do not have supervision at the doors before 7:30 am.
- Parking lot speed- The speed limit in our school parking lot is 10 mph. Please make sure you are driving slow in the parking lot and watching carefully as you back up for the safety of all students, staff, and families, and you and your car!
- We will not be allowing visitors or volunteers into the building for the remainder of the school year. If you need help with anything, please reach out to the school office (920.424.0131).
- Forward Exam testing begins for grade 5 students and eAcademy students next Monday! Grade 4 and Grade 3 will follow. Please make sure your child comes to school well rested and has had a healthy breakfast!
- Our school playground is in need of new equipment. Our student council will be taking this project on; look for more information coming your way! If you have any interest in being a part of the playground committee, please email Mrs. Ashton (email@example.com).
- It is early release on Wednesday, April 14 at 12:30 pm.
Have a nice weekend!
Health Office Update
Please click here for a letter from our school nurse about returning to school 5 days a week! It includes information on the daily student symptom check, and when to keep a sibling home from school.
Lost and Found
Please keep having students check lost and found items.
All of the winter lost and found items will be donated at the end of April.
Please make sure all items are marked with children's name!
- Jackets need to be worn outside unless the temperature reaches 50 degrees. Between 50 and 60, long sleeves must still be worn.
- Boots still need to be worn on the playground and field due to muddy conditions.
Our playground is extremely wet and muddy this time of year! Please consider packing a spare set of clothes in your child’s backpack. This may help avoid a phone call to parents at work for dry clothes if a mud or rain puddle is encountered outside.
- Zooey Smock
- Hayden Shambles
- Joseph Pfeffer
- Ethan Scott
- Ava Tyler
- Veronica Lang
- Evelyn Schwindt
- Andrew Karau
- Amelia Bennett
- Aaron Blabaum
- Josiah Jackson
- Ella Anholzer
- Alison Strangeway
- Maxwell Jungwirth
- Amy Hoffman
- Aubrielle Hauswirth-Waslo
- Noah Bilson
- Jackson Howard
- Preston Schneider
Get ready for the 2021-22 school year!
The Oshkosh Area School District’s Annual Student Update (Enrollment) for returning K-12 students and for new 4K students will take place April 1 - September 1, 2021. Students must be enrolled by September 1. However, the sooner you complete this process, the better!
This annual enrollment process is required and secures a student’s place at school for the next school year. The process is done through the Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal and includes updating demographic and contact information. NOTE: Fees and payments for the 2021-2022 school year cannot be paid until mid-August, additional information will be provided at that time.
Instructions: CLICK HERE for step-by-Step Instructions
NOTE: This process should be completed on a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet. It is not recommended to use a cell phone.
Link: CLICK HERE to log in to your Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal and click on the “Online Registration” link (located on the bottom left side of the home screen)
NOTE: This link will be active/available as of 8 a.m. on April 1, 2021.
HELP: If you do not have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account OR need your password reset complete the following form: https://forms.gle/bEXT8Wd8t5c2dcTC8
Contact: If you have any questions or need assistance during the online annual enrollment process you can contact your child’s school office OR the OASD Administration Office at 920.424.0395.
In-person Support: If you need in-person assistance / access to a device or internet, a Central Registration Day will be held at Oshkosh North High School on August 10, 2021. More information will be provided in the coming months.
Additional information regarding the 2021-2022 school year, including important dates, will be provided to families by their child(ren)’s school.
Thank you for choosing the Oshkosh Area School District for your student’s educational experience. We look forward to continuing to work with your family to meet your student’s individual needs and provide them with the best education possible.
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
For parents dropping off, please drop off between 7:30 and 7:40 am. Park in a stall by Door #11 for K-2 students and Door #10 for 3-5 students. Please open your child's car door and walk them to the sidewalk. Lakeside staff will be taking children into the building and to their classrooms. Parents can give hugs outside before we take children inside. There will not be outdoor recess in the morning.
For pick up, parents should park near Door #11 for K-2 students and Door #10 for 3-5 students. Parents should turn off their vehicles and wait in the front of their car on the sidewalk. A staff member will check in with you to see who you are picking up and bring your child to you.
We are not allowing parents/guardians/visitors into the building at this time. If you have items to get to the school secretary, please consider sending with your child or calling the school secretary to make an outdoor appointment. You can reach Ms. Zuercher at 920-424-0131 (ext. 3801) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Suicide Prevention Resources
Wisconsin state law requires schools to provide staff and students with basic awareness materials to prevent suicide. We are sharing this information with all families through the newsletter so that you are also informed of the suicide warning signs. Please contact Mrs. Ashton, our principal, or Mrs. Palecek, our school counselor, if you have any questions about the information or specific concerns regarding your child.
Check out our Community Events page on our website for information about events happening throughout the Oshkosh community!
April 2021 Calendar
- 4/12/2021 - Lakeside PTO meeting, 6 pm via Zoom
- 4/14/2021 - Early Release @ 12:30 pm
Lakeside Elementary School 2020-2021 Family Handbook