The Oshkosh community is invited to attend a free community screening of the documentary Upstanders - available for on-demand viewing November 16-18, 2022. The film will last approximately 56 minutes; see Video Trailer. All are invited to view the documentary during the three day window.
- Click the following link - Viewing Access: The Upstanders (November 16-18, 2022) - to go to the video streaming website. NOTE:
- The documentary will be available for on-demand viewing beginning on November 16 at 6 a.m. (CST) through November 18 at 11:30 p.m. (CST).
- For the best possible viewing experience, we recommend viewing on Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Click the orange “Watch the Film” button on the screen.
- Enter your email address and create a password to access the film. (NOTE: This information will not be used for any other purpose. Registrants will not receive any unsolicited emails from iNDIEFLIX or iMPACTFUL that are not related to this screening.)
FLYER - OASD Community Screenings of Upstanders
The Upstanders is unsettling and uplifting, causing us all to examine our behavior, inspiring us to do better, be better, and stand up against victimization and cyber-bullying. The Upstanders examines cyber-bullying from the perspectives of the bully, the victim and the onlooker, providing practical tips and resources to change the narrative – to stand up, speak out and support – and become an Upstander, not a Bystander.
- The 56-minute film features in-depth interviews with kids, families who have lost their children to cyber-bullying related suicide
- Woven through this film is the very personal, first-hand account of a family’s tragic loss that inspired new legislation to turn the tide against this very real epidemic.
- The Upstanders also includes two members of Oprah’s 2020 Vision Tour: Jesse Israel of The Big Quiet, and Radha Agrawal of Daybreaker, and author of Belong.
Through its experts, the film explores:
- The science behind cyber-bullying
- Why kids are afraid to admit they are cyber-bullied and signs to watch for
- Best ways to support your cyber-bullied child
- How to realize if you are harboring a cyber-bully
- How the community can show resilience and power to end bullying
This OASD community screening is made possible through a mental health grant awarded to the District. To learn more visit www.indieflix.com/upstanders.
Questions can be directed to the OASD’s Social Emotional Learning (SEL) team, listed below.
- Jean Manecke, OASD SEL Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Anfinson, OASD Secondary SEL Systems Support Facilitator | email@example.com
- Melissa Palecek, OASD Elementary SEL Systems Support Facilitator | firstname.lastname@example.org